MOTORHOME HIRE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Midland Motorhome Centre Limited Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions are necessary. Please take time to read them so that you are fully aware of your responsibilities. Please contact us if you have any questions. A copy is available on request from our team on 01564 758060.
MOTORHOME HIRE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Updated 25th March 2021
- Only persons named at the time of hire may drive the vehicle.
- Drivers must be over the age of 25 and under 70 and have held a valid licence for at least two Age groups outside this bracket may be insured with an additional premium and will be subject to our insurer’s discretion.
- Driving licences with endorsements maybe subject to a surcharge and must be declared before
- It is the driver’s responsibility to make sure that they have the relevant category on their driving licence to drive our
- The driver MUST make sure that front and rear seatbelts are used and that all children under the age of 12 are seated in a child
- Prior to collection of the vehicle the driver will need to provide a copy of their photo driving licence and a second form of ID with an address g. utility bill, bank statement, credit card statement.
- The driver must share their licence information by visiting the DVLA website so that we can check that the information provided is Please see link below.
- Drivers must be aged between 25 and 70 and must have held a full UK driving licence for at least 2 Non-UK residents must enquire prior to booking.
- The insured vehicle must not be driven by:
- Persons who have been convicted of an offence in connection with the driving of a motor vehicle or motorcycle and/
or have had their licence endorsed or suspended or more than 6 penalty points imposed. Spent convictions, covered
by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act1974 may be disregarded.
- Persons who had their insurance declined and/or renewal refused and/or special insurance terms imposed as a
result of claims experience and/or have had their insurance or cover cancelled by any Motor Insurer
- Persons engaged wholly or partly in professional entertainment or professional sports
- Jockeys and persons connected with racing of any sort.
- Undergraduates and/or students under 25 years of
- Persons who, whilst driving, have been involved in more than one accident during the past 3
- Foreign Service Personnel other than persons holding a full valid United Kingdom or EU licence for two years or
- Our insurers can add additional drivers to the insurance policy at a cost of £5 per day upon request and subject to Please confirm this requirement at the time of booking.
- Fully comprehensive insurance is provided for the motorhome within the hire charge and for the hire period Driving outside this period of cover would deem to be an offence under the road traffic act. Furthermore, the client is entirely responsible for any accidental damage, injury and consequential loss after the expiry of the hire period.
- Personal effects and contents are NOT covered by our The client should cover such items separately and agrees to fully indemnify Midland Motorhome Centre Ltd from any loss or damage.
- Any additional premium to our insurance cover as a result of driver convictions or accidents will be passed on at cost to the client and will need to be paid in full as part of the overall hire
- Only the named insured drivers can drive the
- The driver/s covered under the policy will be driving on a £1000 excess. We require payment in full of £1000 as a contribution towards the insurance Accepting these terms indicates authorisation to follow this process. Midland Motorhome Centre Ltd reserve the right to increase the security deposit to cover any claim or losses not covered by the £1000 excess per incident. (In the event that there is more than one incident during the hire period, we require an additional
£1000 per claim)
- In the event that any damage to the motorhome is not covered by our insurance for whatever reason then Midland Motorhome Centre Ltd reserve the right to charge the repairs and any associated costs in full to the
- The refundable damage deposit of £1000 is payable 48 hours prior to collection of the motorhome by debit/credit card or bank The damage deposit will be refunded on the satisfactory and safe return of the vehicle, being on time and in the same condition it was hired. Deductions will be taken from this deposit in respect of any damage, late returns and equipment replacements costs. Deductions will also be made for fuel charges, cleaning charges, repairs and waste/toilet cassette emptying. These charges will be in addition to any accident repair costs and may be charged to you in the event repair costs exceed the deposit amount. The client accepts that Midland Motorhome Centre Ltd’s decision on these issues is final. The deposit is refunded within seven to ten working days.
- It is advised that client takes out separate personal accident/travel insurance when travelling in or outside of the UK.
- Midland Motorhome Centre Ltd must be notified if the client intends to leave the territories of England, Scotland or Wales in the Failure to do so will invalidate your insurance cover and breach the terms of the hire agreement.
- As part of our agreement with our insurers our motorhomes are fitted with TRACKER devices that give constant updates on the whereabouts of the If you travel outside an agreed territory, we will be notified and your insurance will be invalidated. The authorities will be notified and we reserve the right to instigate criminal proceedings.
BOOKING AND PAYMENT DETAILS
- Reservations can be made either online, in person, by telephone or by email but will only be held once a completed booking form has been completed/received with a deposit which is non- refundable and enters the Client into a binding
- A payment receipt will be emailed within 48 hours after the deposit has been paid.
- Full payment of the final balance is due six weeks prior to collection of the The £1000 (refundable) security deposit is payable 48 hours prior to collection.
- Payments can be made online, by BACS, debit and/or credit We are unable to accept payment by cheque.
- All bookings made within six weeks of the hire commencement date must be paid in full at the time of
- Late returns will be subject to a charge of £50.00 per hour for the first three hours after the agreed and contracted return time and then £250.00 per 24 hour or part
- Unless expressly stated to the contrary all prices in these terms are inclusive of VAT at the current standard
CANCELLATIONS AND NO SHOW
- All cancellations must be in writing to Midland Motorhome Centre Ltd but please call immediately to inform
- All deposits paid are non-refundable. If you cancel with more than six weeks’ notice, then the hire cost will be refunded less the deposit
- If you cancel less than six weeks before the start date of the hire all monies paid and due are not
refundable (except for the insurance excess/damage bond, which will be refundable provided that no other sums are unpaid by way of deposit or otherwise) and you are still liable for any sums not yet paid. In these circumstances Midland Motorhome Centre Ltd will try to rebook the motorhome and if we are able to do so, you will be refunded the Hire Charge less (I) your deposit payment
and (ii) any difference between the hire charge paid by you and the hire charge received by Midland Motorhome Centre Ltd for the rebook.
- No shows on the collection date will forfeit the entire hire
- Midland Motorhome Centre Ltd reserves the right to cancel hire if at the commencement of hire the driver/s licences are invalid or not according to the conditions set In these circumstances the total hire charge will be forfeited. Clients are strongly advised to insure against unavoidable cancellation.
- In the event of cancellation, we may be able to transfer the booking agreement to another person nominated by you subject to receipt of correct documentation and insurance approval and subject to a £120 administration Midland Motorhome Centre Ltd reserve the right to refuse any such transfer and any agreement of this nature should be agreed in writing and would be subject to these terms and conditions.
VEHICLE COLLECTION AND RETURN
- Vehicle hire is from Friday and as arranged throughout the rest of the year unless otherwise agreed in
- Collection time is 00pm and return time is from 10.00am. Failure to comply with these times will result in client being charged at the rate of £50.00 per hour during the first day until 1.00pm and then £250.00 per 24 hours or part thereof.
Please give advance warning by telephone of any potential late return as your insurance cover may expire before your journey is complete. After your insurance cover expires you will be driving the vehicle without insurance, which is a criminal offence.
Midland Motorhome Centre Ltd accepts no liability in relation to this and you will indemnify Midland Motorhome Centre Ltd against any loss or damage suffered as a result.
- If you are unable to make the handover period at the start of the hire, it may be necessary to arrange the handover and collection to a new time or
- Please make sure that we have received all the necessary paperwork from you before you come to collect the motorhome. These should include a copy of your photo driver’s licence and a separate form of ID with an address such as a bank statement or utility bill for each Should we fail to receive these prior to collection of the motorhome we reserve the right not to release it to you.
- No refund is given for early return of the vehicle.
- On return of the vehicle all clients are to make sure that the vehicle is clean and tidy and the chemical toilet is emptied, clean and free from If the toilet cassette is not returned empty and clean there is an additional charge of £100.00 deductible from the security deposit.
- It is the client’s responsibility to check that upon collection, the vehicle is free from damage and Any damage will be agreed by the owner and client and recorded before commencement of hire.
- It is the client’s responsibility to return the vehicle in the same condition as it was let with the toilet empty, the interior clean including all cooking appliances and fridge
- You may leave your car in our secure area while you are However, all vehicles are left entirely at your own risk and we accept no responsibility for any loss or damage, which may arise.
- Additional drivers to the named driver in this contract are chargeable at £5.00 per day subject to our insurer’s acceptance
- A bike rack and sat nav can bed included at an additional
- Failure to return all the accessories will result in a charge to the value to replace the
- Failure to empty and clean the toilet cassette will result in a £100.00
- If the vehicle requires professional cleaning this will result in a charge, typically £150.00. Severe stains will be charged at cost and Midland Motorhome Centre Ltd decision in these matters will be
- Any fire or accident damage will be covered by our insurers, subject to a £1000 excess which is payable by the
- Refuelling charges will apply in the event you do not return the vehicle with a full tank of
- Incorrect refuelling will be rectified at the cost of the client including any repair, draining, flushing, refuelling or relay
- All parking/speeding and traffic fines will be paid by the driver plus a £30 admin You agree to indemnify Midland Motorhome Centre Ltd from any such charges and court costs. Such fines will be charged to your credit/debit card.
- Whilst we endeavour to make every effort to make sure that the vehicle is ready at the agreed time, circumstances may arise out of our control and we accept no liability other than the refund of the day or days We will endeavour to inform you at the earliest opportunity of any potential delays.
- You agree to indemnify Midland Motorhome Centre Ltd or its agents against any loss or incurred expense relating to any such delay in the collection or handover of your vehicle if caused by
Whilst every effort is made to make sure that the vehicle reserved is available, if the reserved vehicle is not available we reserve the right to offer an alternative vehicle. This may be of similar size to the Motorhome or larger and will be similarly equipped. In this event, you will not be liable for any increased hire charge but we will not be liable for additional expenses e.g. higher ferry charges or road tolls. If a suitable alternative is not available Midland Motorhome Centre Ltd reserves the right to cancel the hire, in which event we shall refund the hire charge to you in full and our liability to you shall be limited to the amount of the hire charge. Signing this Agreement is deemed the commencement of the hire and acceptance of the vehicle supplied.
BREAKDOWNS AND ACCIDENTS
- If there is a breakdown or accident RAC Breakdown assistance will be at your disposal 24 hours a day seven days a
- You are authorised to spend up to £50.00 on necessary repairs and we will reimburse you against a valid VAT
- Any repairs above £50.00 need to be authorised by a member of staff at Motorhome Travel
- Any breakdown, malfunction or damage caused by the client’s negligence will be made good at your
- Every effort is made to make sure that the vehicle is in a roadworthy and safe condition and fully serviced and maintained before every No responsibility can be accepted by Midland Motorhome Centre Ltd for any loss or damage or expense which occurs as a result of any defect or breakdown unless it is due to a proven reason of our failure to adequately maintain the Motorhome in a fit state and condition. The maximum height, width and length of your vehicle are clearly stated within the manual. Any damage is the responsibility of the client.
- IN THE EVENT OF LOSS OF KEYS PLEASE CALL MIDLAND MOTORHOME CENTRE LTD DO NOT ATTEMPT TO GAIN ENTRY TO THE MOTORHOME USING FORCE OR BY CAUSING DAMAGE. A charge of £100 will be levied for the loss of any keys to the motorhome.
- Subject to these terms and conditions, Midland Motorhome Centre Ltd accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage or expense, which occurs as a result of any In the event of an accident the client must not admit responsibility. The client should obtain the names and addresses of everyone involved, including witnesses. In additional the Client should make the motorhome secure, tell the police straight away if anyone is injured or there is a disagreement over who is responsible; and contact Midland Motorhome Centre Ltd immediately. The Client must also produce an accident report and send a copy to Midland Motorhome Centre Ltd. We suggest you use a mobile phone or camera to photograph the accident, surrounding areas and anything that might prove useful after the accident.
- The client agrees to assist Midland Motorhome Centre Ltd in handling any claim arising from any
event including providing all relevant information and attending court to give evidence as required.
- The Client is responsible for any damage to the windscreens and windows, punctures or other damage to tyres during the hire Where possible damage should be repaired or replaced as appropriate and paid for by the client at the time. The Client should contact the Owner to seek instructions before carrying out the repair. Failing this, an amount will be deducted from the deposit against damages for the cost of the repairs.
FUEL, GAS AND WATER
- A full tank of diesel is supplied with the vehicle at the commencement of the hire and we expect and require the tank to be returned A £30.00 charge plus VAT will apply for any fuel shortage PLUS the amount needed to fill the tank. This will be taken from the deposit.
- It is the client’s responsibility to check and maintain oil and water levels to vehicle
- It is the client’s responsibility to check the tyre pressures of the vehicle, these are clearly marked above each wheel arch / in the hire guide
- Two gas cylinders will be supplied at commencement of hire: at least one will be It is the client’s responsibility to check connection of new gas bottles for leaks when fitted.
- Any cylinders lost or incorrectly exchanged will be charged to the
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Midland Motorhome Centre Ltd shall not be responsible for losses incurred as a result of the breach of this agreement unless these losses are a foreseeable consequence of the breach in question. Neither this clause nor any other provision of this agreement will seek to limit Midland Motorhome Centre Ltd’s liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; and/or
o any other matter for which it would be illegal or unlawful for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability
- The client must ensure that all passengers must wear seatbelts
- The client is responsible for all parking and / or motoring offences during the hire Any such fines / penalties incurred during your hire received by Midland Motorhome Centre Ltd post hire will be invoiced to you plus a £30 admin fee.
- The client is liable for all damage to the vehicle including but not limited to overhead, underside and
- The client must ensure the vehicle is not overloaded and carries only the correct number of passengers according to vehicle
- The client must not use the vehicle for hire or
- The title of the vehicle remains that of Midland Motorhome Centre Ltd and you the client have no right to sell, assign, sublet, lend, pledge, mortgage, let on hire or otherwise part with the personal possession of or otherwise deal with the
- The client is responsible for ensuring the vehicle is locked and alarmed / security devices activated when left All windows and skylights should be closed and secured.
- The client will ensure all hatches and doors are securely fastened during transit.
- You must immediately advise Midland Motorhome Centre Ltd as soon as you become aware of any fault with, or damage caused to the
- You may not tow any trailer or vehicle without express permission prior to hire from Midland Motorhome Centre Ltd. Should you wish to tow please advise us at the time of Our team will need to confirm in writing as part of the contract that tow permission has been granted. We will require full detail of the item to be towed along with appropriate insurance cover for any vehicle including insurance cover whilst being towed.
- The Motorhome may not without the prior written consent of Midland Motorhome Centre Ltd be taken outside of England, Wales or
- The Motorhome must not be driven in a manner which would render void the policy of insurance, or in contravention of any Road Traffic Act or Construction and Use Regulations, or by any person who is not licenced to drive the Motorhome or who is under the influence of alcohol or drugs, nor must it be driven in the event of mechanical, electrical or structural failure if further damage might thereby be The Motorhome must not be used for hire or reward, for any illegal purpose or for racing, pace making, testing the Motorhome’s reliability and speed or teaching someone to drive;
- It is a breach of this agreement for the Client to fail to return the Motorhome at the end of the rental period and the damages payable for such breach will be the rental charges that would be payable on Midland Motorhome Centre Ltd’s current rates for the period until Midland Motorhome Centre Ltd recovers the Motorhome or receives the full value thereof, together with any recover costs incurred by Midland Motorhome Centre Ltd and any other costs incurred by the late return of the In addition, the Client shall fully indemnify Midland Motorhome Centre Ltd in respect of any claims for loss (including legal fees) brought against Motorhome Travel Agency by any third parties arising out of or as a result of the Client’s failure to return the Motorhome at the end of the rental period.
- If the Client commits any breach of this agreement Midland Motorhome Centre Ltd may treat the agreement as terminated and take possession of the
- If the Client breaches any part of this agreement Midland Motorhome Centre Ltd reserves the right to provide some or all of the information provided to it by the Client to credit reference agencies, the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Authority (DVLA), debt collectors and any other relevant organisation. Motorhome Travel Agency may also give this information to the British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association (BVRLA), who can pass it on to any of its members for any purpose stated in the Data Protection Act 1998.
An hourly rate will be applied if the motorhome is not returned in a clean and tidy condition.
Midland Motorhome Centre Ltd operates a STRICT NO SMOKING policy in our motorhomes. Failure to comply with this will result in the loss of the hire deposit.
ENDING THE AGREEMENT
- If the Client is an individual this agreement will terminate automatically in the event of the Client being declared Midland Motorhome Centre Ltd may terminate this agreement if the Client does not meet any of the conditions of this agreement.
- If the Client is a company, this agreement will terminate automatically if the company goes into liquidation or calls a meeting of Midland Motorhome Centre Ltd may terminate this agreement if the Client does not meet any of the conditions of this agreement
- Termination of this agreement shall not affect Midland Motorhome Centre Ltd’s right to receive any money owed under the conditions of this Motorhome Travel Agency may also claim extra costs from the Client if the Client does not meet any of the conditions of this agreement.
- This agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO VARY RATES AND CONDITIONS AT ANY TIME. YOU WILL BE SUBJECT TO THE RATES AND CONDITIONS IN FORCE AT THE TIME THAT YOU SIGN THE BOOKING AGREEMENT, UNLESS ANY CHANGE IS REQUIRED BY LAW OR GOVERNMENT OR REGULATORY AUTHORITY (IN WHICH CASE IT WILL APPLY TO YOUR BOOKING). WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE HIRE TO ANY PERSON(S) FOR ANY REASON AND NOT HAND OVER THE VEHICLE IF WE FEEL THE CLIENT IS NOT SUITABLE FOR ANY REASON WE DEEM REASONABLE. IN THE EVENT OF A VEHICLE BEING WITHDRAWN THE HIRE CHARGE IS NON-REFUNDABLE. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REPOSSESS THE VEHICLE AT ANY TIME DUE TO MISUSE, DAMAGE OR ACCIDENT OR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER WE DEEM REASONABLE. IF WE REPOSSESS THE VEHICLE FOR ANY REASON WE WILL CHARGE YOU FOR ANY COSTS INCURRED.
Upon signing the hire booking agreement, the client is legally deemed to have agreed and accepted these terms and conditions. Have a safe and fun trip away.