Dordogne River Tour
The Dordogne is another of France’s awe-inspiring destinations. It is part of the Aquitane region which has it all, including medieval villages, chateaux, pre-historic caves, gardens and pristine countryside. The Dordogne is one of the most famous, memorable and beautiful areas of France. It is perfect for slow, ambling motorhome holidays. Steeped in history through the Ages, the Dordogne is named after its mighty river. Its cultural history is so vast it is divided into four areas, each with its own unique charm and diverse landscapes. Be it villages carved into the steep riverbanks or medieval villages nestled on hilltops, overlooking enchanting valleys, the Dordogne is definitely worth a tour.
What’s included in your motorhome holiday around the Dordogne?
- Wine and champagne tasting in Saint Emilion
- Vineyards of Montbazillac
- Views of the Cingle of Tremolat
- Village of St Cyprien
- The Hanging Gardens of Marqueyssac
- Middle age streets of Sarlat
- The Caves of Lacave
- Saint Emilion
- Brive la Gaillarde
Make an enquiry!
Why visit the Dordogne?
- Marvel at prehistoric art in the Caves of Lascaux
- Sample the amazing local food including speciality dishes like cassoulet, confit de canard and foie gras pate
- Wine tours around Saint Emilion and Bergerac
- Explore Chateaude Commarque
- See the Gardens of Marqueyssac
- Canoeing along the river
- Go back in time at Les Villages Bournat
- Get lost in Sarlat Market
- Have a treetop adventure at L’Appel de la Foret
- Take the kids to Chateau de Bridoire